- Create a new or open an existing PowerPoint presentation and select a slide in which you wish to insert a Flash file.
- Click the File tab and go to Options:
- In the PowerPoint Options window, go to the Quick Access Toolbar and double-click Developer Tabin the drop-down list on the left under “Choose commands from”:
- Now double-click More Controls in the options given for Developer Tab as shown below and click OK:
- The More Controlsicon will appear in the main menu, and that’s where we want to go next.
- Click the More Controls icon and select Shockwave Flash Object from the list and click OK. Use the mouse to draw the control on a slide. You can resize the control to adjust the size of the Flash animation:
- Right click on the control you added and click Property Sheetin the context menu:
- In the opened Properties window, click the Movieproperty and specify the full path to your Flash file. You can add a Flash file located on your computer (e.g. C:\My movie.swf), or from a web resource (e.g. http://www.ispringsolutions.com/tour.swf).
- To embed a Flash movie into a .pptx file, set the EmbedMovie value to True.
- You can tune your Flash movie playback by setting it to play automatically and/or looped.
- To start playing the Flash movie automatically when the PowerPoint slide is displayed, set the Playing property to True. Or, you can add custom controls for the Flash movie and set this property to False.
- To loop Flash movie playback while the slide is displayed, set the Loop property to True.
- Now you can save your presentation or view it as a slideshow: click the SlideShow icon in the View tab or press F5. Press Esc to return to normal view.